Forms Required to Apply for Funding
All proposals submitted to the Coastal Services Center under NOAA's Omnibus Notice must include completed forms. Most forms will be provided on Grants.gov; however, some forms are relevant only to certain organizations. Refer to the section below for information on how to complete forms and especially for the forms checklist, which provides guidance on the forms your organization must complete. Forms will be provided in the downloadable grants application package found on Grants.gov. The following list of forms is provided as a reference; however, if you find newer or modified forms as a part of the application package on Grants.gov, use those forms in place of the versions referenced below:
- SF-424 - Application for Federal Assistance (PDF)
- SF-424 - Instructions for Completing the SF-424 (PDF)
- SF-424A - Budget Information (PDF) (version posted on Grants.gov)
- SF-424A - Budget Information (PDF) (OMB version with instructions - content is same as Grants.gov form)
- SF-424B - Assurances (PDF)
- CD-511 - Certifications required by the Department of Commerce (PDF)
- SF-LLL - Disclosure of Lobbying Activity (PDF) (submit with your proposal ONLY IF your organization is engaged in lobbying activities)
- CD-346 - Applicant for Funding Assistance (PDF) (required only from nonprofit or for-profit organizations; universities and state and local government agencies not required to complete this form)
Completing Grant Forms
- To help you complete the grants and cooperative agreement application package, we have provided a forms checklist (PDF) that you can refer to as you work on Grants.gov.
- Grant forms can be confusing. This guidance (PDF) will help answer frequently asked questions, address common mistakes made on certain forms, and explain terminology used for budget preparation.
- It is important that the budget information you provide on the SF-424 and SF-424A be consistent with the brief budget information presented in the project narrative and with detailed budget information provided in a budget appendix. Detailed budget information presented in an appendix should, at a minimum, restate and further explain the information presented on form SF-424A.
Instructions are provided to help you complete forms SF-424 and SF-424A below. Specific guidance will be found in federal funding opportunity announcements, especially for things such as start dates (which must be the first day of the month) and funding amounts.
- Form SF-424 - Instructions specific to the NOAA Coastal Services Center
- Form SF-424A - Instructions specific to the NOAA Coastal Services Center