This self-paced, online training teaches the fundamental concepts of map projections, datums, and coordinate systems. The course format includes detailed information on how these concepts are applied to different regions of the Pacific Islands. Demonstrations of how to work with projections, datums, and coordinate systems using ESRI’s ArcGIS are also provided.
What You Will Learn
After completing this course, participants will be able to
- Define and understand datums, coordinate systems, and projections
- Differentiate between horizontal datums
- Identify accurate datums and coordinate systems for the Pacific region
- Compare projections based on retained map properties
- Assign suitable projections for specific applications
- Recall techniques used in ArcMap to select, display, and revise map projections
- Internet connection
- Flash plug-in (download)
For additional course, hosting, or registration information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
View a listing of upcoming Center trainings.